Monday, November 24, 2008

Clothing for Tea Fire Victims, Sotheby's home website and Property Taxes

A local clothing store, Horny Toad, is offering free clothes to the Tea Fire Victims. They have many sizes for men and woman. All clothes are new.
When: Nov.24-Nov. 26 from 12-4
Location: 15 W. Mason St., Santa Barbara
Time: 12-4 pm  

Sotheby's International Realty continues to provide the most extensive coverage of our listed properties.
Statistics show that 74% of all home buyers and sellers search the web for their real estate needs. Just for the month of October, 202 countries and 6 continents visited www.sothebyshomes.com, 207,005 pages were viewed, and 38,422 viewed were of Santa Barbara properties alone.

Property Taxes are coming up! I love to share good news, so why am I enthusiastically writing about property taxes?  If you have purchased a home since 2005, your property value may have decreased (at least according to the County records).
Recently, my clients who I worked with on the sale of their property and purchase of their current home, both of which happened in 2005, asked if I would help them with their tax re-assessment. I completed the County Tax Assessor's form, by providing current comparable sales, and detailed information on the properties. With just a few hours of time, I was able to get their property taxes reduced from, $18,000 per year, to $14,000 per year.
If you are interested in seeing if your property taxes can be reduced, give me a call, and we can discuss your particular property. This is a service I will provide, whether I was or was not involved with your home purchase, so don't hesitate to see if I can be of assistance.


No comments: